Ride With BIXI
BIXI is Toronto’s public bike system. It’s the bike that’s really an alternative means of urban transport. Accessible to everyone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 1_ How to get rolling with BIXI?
- 2_ Go to the pay station
- 3_ Follow the instructions
- 4_ Pay with a VISA, MasterCard, or AMEX credit card
- 5_ Take your unlocking code
- 6_ Choose a bike
- 7_ Enter the code on the keypad
- 8_ You are a subscriber? It’s faster with a BIXI key!
- 9_ Wait for the green light to go on, remove the bike and you're on your way.
- 10_ First 30 minutes are included on each trip for casual users (24-hour or 72-hour access).
- 12_ Push the front wheel firmly into an open bike dock
- 13_ Make sure that the green light goes on to ensure the bike is securely locked in place.
Follow the steps
- 1_ Go to the pay station, choose the icon representing a bike, then read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- 2_ Pay by inserting your credit card (Visa, MasterCard or AMEX). A $250 deposit is placed on your credit card for 10 days. Your credit card serves to identify you as a user; a maximum of two (2) 24 or 72-hour accesses per credit card is permitted at one time.
- 3_ Print or view your unlocking code on the screen. It is valid for 5 minutes. If you take longer than this period of time, go to step 8.
- 4_ Enter your unlocking code on the keypad of the bike dock of your choice.
- 5_ When you see the green light turn on*, pull the handlebars firmly toward you to release the bike.
- 6_ Your 30 included minutes start now!
Return the bike to any BIXI station. Push the front wheel firmly into any empty bike dock.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the green light turns on* after having locked in the bike. You must wait 2 minutes before taking out another bike.
- 8_ To obtain a new unlocking code during the 24 or 72-hour period, start over at step 1 and insert your credit card again: the system will recognize it and no additional fees will be charged to your card if you make trips under 30 minutes.
|Try another bike dock|
or call our customer service at